Thursday, August 20, 2009

When Queens Ride By

Here is a link to this wonderful short story called, "When Queens Ride By" written by Agnes Slight Turnbull. If you take a few minutes to read it, you will not regret it!

This story tells so beautifully the feelings I often have as a wife and mother. It was nice to be reminded that mother's important role in the family includes more than just the mundane tasks involved in caring for the children and "home-making" but also bringing joy to the ones that surround us. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did.

1 comment:

Coopcakes said...

Thanks for posting that Heather, I was completely drawn in and loved the ending. At first I thought the "city lady" was being wimpy and lazy, but then realized she made an important point. There's a lot to be said for creating a house of order, comfort, prayer, etc. Thanks again!