Saturday, April 3, 2010

Random thoughts and Happenings

Is it April already? Goodness, where does the time go? I took a 12 day trip to visit my parents with my sister last month and it was wonderful. We enjoyed it so much - and the car-ride wasn't sooooo bad as I thought. 5 kids ages 5 and under in a car (including a 3-mo. old baby) for 11 hours can get a bit interesting at times, but overall it went very well. All I can say is thank goodness for portable DVD players!

We love our new kitchen. Every time one of the kids drops some food or water or something messy on the floor I cheer! I really do. It is so wonderful to be able to just wipe it up instead of scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing at the nasty carpet. Wow, the things you appreciate!

The world is awakening again and it's so exciting to watch spring unfold. I love watching each flower and tree come into bloom - it's like getting reacquainted with old friends. The crocuses are gone now, but the daffodils and tulips and hyacinths are blooming and I love them so much. Thankfully the deer haven't gotten my tulips yet this year. I'm crossing my fingers that I hid them good enough! :)

Curious George and Jesse Bear are growing and growing as usual. I sometimes wish I could put certain ages on hold for a little while...or good days - I wish I could just pause them and say, stop right there. Don't move. I want to keep on living this one. But it comes and goes just like the rest of them. Then there's the bad days that you want to just fast forward...but you can't...you just have to endure them. But each day, good or bad, has something that you learn from. Each one is important. Each stage of life is important too. And I'm learning that it's better just to enjoy each moment instead of always looking forward to the future or wishing back on the past.

I love the "moment" that we're in right now. It's so fun to watch C.G. learn to read and write and so many things. It's fun to be his teacher right now and I've really been grateful that I kept him home this year. It's been a huge learning year for both of us. And progress has been steady and consistent which is encouraging. He decided a month or so ago that he was interested in the piano and we've really been doing a lot with his lessons. It's nice that I'm his teacher for that too because he wouldn't have the attention span for a 30 minute lesson. But 10 minutes every day is just about right. He loves it and so do I. It's wonderful to be able to teach your own child something that you love so much. Jesse Bear is developing a huge vocabulary and interest in everything his brother is learning. It's like he just picks up on everything through osmosis - it's amazing. He is starting to enjoy even more playing with his brother and that has been so nice. It's fun to see their little friendship developing.

No comments: