Thursday, February 19, 2009

Showing Love (Continued...)

In a previous post, I talked about showing love. I asked you if you think it's important to show love for those that you love. I read this quote today by Spencer W. Kimball and thought it was very applicable to this topic:
"Love...cannot be expected to last forever unless it is continually fed with portions of love, the manifestations of esteem and admiration, the expressions of gratitude, and the consideration of unselfishness" ("Oneness in Marriage," Ensign, Oct. 2002, 40).
I think that's very true. When love is fed, it grows. When it is not, it diminishes. I think that's the reason it's important to show love for those that we love. I believe that love can last forever between couples and families when it is continuously nourished by manifestations of love. Feel free to leave any ideas or comments.

2 comments:

Chris, Amy, and Millie said...

I read this book a long while ago, but your topic made me think of it. It sounds cheesy, but I liked it. It is "The Five Love Languages." They have it for adults and children. The idea is that each person shows and gives love differently. You have to know the love language of your spouse or child in order to give it to them. If you want to borrow it, I have it.
Amy

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Thanks Amy, I've heard of the book and would love to borrow it from you sometime! Thanks!