Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wonderful Readers

I just discovered a wonderful series of books that are great for teaching children to read. Curious George is just barely learning to read, but gets overwhelmed with books that have more than one or two words on each page. I really like the books in this series because you read the words on the left pages and the child reads just a few words on the right page. It makes for a great interactive reading experience and CG loves it. They increase the words that the children read as children learn to read more. I just love the concept of these books so I thought I'd share.

Here's the site:
http://webothread.com

Here's a few that we've read together from Amazon:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look really neat. Daniel is barely starting to read. We will have to try these. I also like Bob Books. I got a new set for $4.00 on e-bay-including shipping! They are $17.00 per set at the homeschooling store, Books and Fun, in Salem. They progress to second grade I think.
Trisha

Heather {Healthy Family Cookin} said...

Wow, that's great. Thanks I'll have to check these out!